Greetings from the Patriot teachers, and welcome to
Patriots are loyal, courageous people who are unfalteringly devoted to a cause, no matter what the cost. This year, the ‘cause’ to which we all need to be devoted is your education. As a young boy, Booker T. Washington really defined what it means to gain an education when he said that it was his goal “to let nothing keep him from putting forth his highest effort to make himself ready to do the most good in the world.” It will take courageous, conscientious effort on all of our parts to reach that goal. At times, you will need to make sacrifices in order to complete your work and do what you should do, rather than what you want to do. It will take commitment and devotion to “put forth your highest effort” at all times without wavering.
We want you to know that the Patriot teachers are ready and willing to help you in your pursuit of an education. We are certain that with the combined efforts of each of you, and with the aid of your parents and teachers, you will have a very successful year.
Once again, welcome to the Patriots. Let’s get started!
This student booklet contains important information. Please take time to review it. If you have any questions, please contact the office at (440) 572-7070. This booklet is a way of communicating between the school and the home. Teacher e-mail addresses and phone numbers can be found on the
I. Team Rules:
1. All school rules apply in all of the team classrooms.
2. Please come in and sit down immediately. Please have all necessary materials out and be ready to start.
3. Do not leave scraps of paper and other debris on the floor. Please remember that people use the room after you.
4. Foul language is not permitted at any time.
5. Please do not shout aloud. A raised hand will inform the teacher that you have something to say.
6. If a substitute teacher is present, show respect to her/him. A negative report will result in disciplinary action.
7. Please respect the property of other students, teachers and the school.
8. Students will take pride in their work and exercise self-discipline at all times.
9. Please do not put papers into textbooks. All papers should be in a binder or folder. All textbooks which are brought to class must be covered.
II. Team Procedures:
1. Please bring personal concerns to the teacher’s attention after class.
2. If you need to use the restroom use it before class. If you need to use the restroom during class, please raise your hand and ask. Your planner will have to be filled out as a hall pass.
3. If you have a personal emergency, you may leave the room without the teacher’s permission.
4. If you need to sharpen your pencil, do this before class.
5. Procedures for taking tests and quizzes will be determined by the teacher.
1. Homework policy:
A. The homework policy is always at the teacher’s discretion.
2. Extra Credit:
A. Extra credit assignment is at the discretion of each teacher on the team
3. Paper headings:
A. Name B. Date C. Period D. Assignment
4. Tardy policy:
A. Students are to be in their seats when class begins.
· 1st offense=warning
· 2nd offense=warning
· 3rd offense=1/2 hr. detention
· 4th offense=1 hr. detention
· 5th offense=office referral
C. This policy resets each quarter.
5. Hall passes:
A. The planner will be used as this is school policy.
IV. Materials for Class:
8th Grade Required Supplies:
Patriots Required Supplies:
Blue or black pen
One 1" binder with a package of dividers
One 3-ring binder
One spiral notebook
Required Physical Education t-shirt
2 – 1 subject Notebooks
1 Red Folder
One 1" 3-ring binder
1 pen (blue or black)
Paper college ruled
2” Blue Binder
1 Pack of 5 Dividers
Colored Pencils (12 pack)
3x5 Notecards (5 packs of 100)
V. Discipline Policy:
A. Verbal warning
B. Lunch Detention
D. Office referral
E. Other consequences, including student and/or parent conference.
Teachers reserve the right to begin consequences at any level depending on the behavior.