What does Whitney PTA do for our Parents, Teachers and Staff?
Whitney PTA works to supplement the great work of our teachers, staff, andstudents by supporting activities and purchases that enhance the educationaland social experiences offered at our school. Working together, we were able to accomplish a lot over the past yearand we look forward to helping again this year!
Where does the money from our fundraising go? You can view our budget at any of our monthlymeetings, but here’s an overview of how Whitney PTA provided more than $15,000for school purchases and activities last year.
Provided $3500 for in-school programs for Whitney studentssuch as COSI (Center of Science and Industry), assemblies and speakers, SCRactivities and Sports Day
Provided $1225 in start-up funds to teachers to supportpurchases for classrooms
Funded purchases totaling over $2500 for Whitneyincluding:
- Musick-8 magazine includes reproduction rights, cds,performance tracks with seasonal songs and activities and 2 musical motionpicture DVDs
- 50 Accelerated Reader Tests
- 1 dozen fleece balls and 6 yarn balls for Phys Ed
- Small Hardcover books for 2nd grade project
- Literacy Centers Management Chart
- 48 plastic compartment serving trays for cafeteria
- Revolutionary War Speaker
- T1-15 Overhead calculator for sixth grade
- Industrial vacuum Cleaner
- Playground toys and recess activities
Purchased two new Smart Board systems including themounting, wiring and data projectors (~$4500).
Provided $1700 in new materials for the MediaCenter.
Provided over $2500 for popular family activitiesincluding:
- Ice Cream Social and Art Show with Mrs. Klepach
- PTA Bullying Program Speaker Susan Fee
- Sixth Grade Recognition Program
Along with this financial support, hundreds of volunteerhours were spent to support our school and activities!